Fascinating findings in the global drug survey.
- Synthetic cannabinoids more likely to lead to emergency medical treatment than any other drug
- 1 in 8 of those using weekly or more often reported seeking emergency medical treatment (3.5% of all users)
- Overall risk of seeking emergency medical treatment when using SCs is 30 times greater than skunk
- Over half of those using more than 50 times in last year who tried to stop reported withdrawal symptoms
The dark-net rising
- Globally almost in 1 in 10 participants (9.3%) reported ever buying drugs off the dark-net with those reporting last year dark-net purchase rising from 4.5% to 6.7%.
Particularly of interest was the risk from synthetic cannabinoids and the rise of the dark net. Hopefully the dark net reduces the risk, particularly of violence, with drug purchases.
This entry was posted in Drugs
. Bookmark the permalink